Meeting at Porta Messina, the entrance ancient gate of Corso Umberto, at 17.00 with the licensed Local Guide to begin your 2-hours Taormina Walking Tour. Your guide will greet you before leading you toward Palazzo Corvaja. Then pass by the Odeon, a small Roman theater built in the 2nd century but not re-discovered until 1892. From there walking towards the Greek Theatre where Your guide will explain this theatre’s history as you marvel at the ancient remains.
Continue through the heart of Taormina, where you’ll enjoy the essence of beautiful Old Town. This part of the city, most alive at night, will engage all of your senses. Stroll along colorful streets lined with flowers and lemon and olive groves, smell the aromas emanating from the traditional Sicilian restaurants, and listen to the music of the live performers, before visiting the Public Garden. Stop at Belvedere Square along the main street, Corso Umberto, to enjoy the wonderful view of the picturesque coast and the skyline dominated by powerful Mt Etna.
After passing in front of the San Domenico cloister, which has been transformed into a beautiful 5-star hotel, turn your mind back to medieval times as you wander the Jewish quarter and visit important monuments and areas such as Palazzo Duchi di Santo Stefano, Porta Catania, Del Carmine Church and the Duomo Stairs.
Your tour ends in Piazza Duomo. This is the perfect place to continue your evening out in Taormina!
P.S. During the tour our guides will answer all of your questions and give you maximum support and advices to let you feel in Taormina like at home!
We will be glad to meet You here:
Porta Messina at 17:00
- Taormina Food & Wine Tour + Taormina Walking Tour: € 78,00 instead of € 88,00 (save € 10,00 pp)
- Taormina Food & Wine Tour + Siracusa Food & Wine: € 128,00 instead of € 138,00 (save € 10,00 pp)
- Taormina Walking Tour + Taormina Ceramic Class: € 68,00 instead of € 78,00 (save € 10,00 pp)
- Taormina Walking Tour + Siracusa Walking Tour: € 39,00 instead of € 44,00 (save € 5,00 pp)
- Taormina Food & Wine Tour + Palermo Food & Wine Tour: € 123,00 instead of € 138,00 (save €15,00 pp)